Virgil Grissom FAQs and Resources

Virgil Grissom FAQs and Resources

Here are some resources for parents that may pertain to your child and their classroom.

Safe school snack list
Health services
Early Childhood 
School Library

Scott County Library Summer Reading Program

Additional resources:

Here are instructions on how you can access your child's report card:

  • Log into Power School 
  • Enter your username and password. If you have forgotten your username and/or password, please e-mail or call your building secretary.
  • Once in Power School, the first screen is Grades and Attendance.
  • Scroll down the left hand column to Document Vault, and click on it.
  • This will open a page with the heading Additional Features. Then click on the download button for Standards Report Card.
    • Note: If you have multiple students, you will see all the names listed at the top of the page. You will need to click on each child’s name to see their report card. 

Here are instructions on how you can access student accounts:


  • Username: 
  • Password: Set by parent upon initial login, or email to reset

InTouch (pay fines, fees, lunch, etc.)

  • Username: Student ID number
  • Password: Student’s last name (capitalize first letter) 

Total Access (check lunch balances)

  • Username: Student ID number
  • Password: Student ID number 
When should students arrive at school?


When does the school day end?


If a student arrives before 8:00 am, where should they go?

Remain in the lobby until 8:00 unless going to breakfast after 7:45.

Parking lot

Only busses are to be in the main lot for student drop off from 7:45-8:10 and 2:45-3:10

Parent drop off is on 5th street.

What if my child will be absent from school?

Call the nurse at 285-3502 to report an absence by 8:30. Report two symptoms of illness.

What if my child arrives late to school?

If your child arrives after 8:15 they must enter through the main office.

Do I need to stop in the office when visiting during the school day?

Yes, all visitors must enter through the main office and sign in.

What if I need to get my child out of school early?

Call the office at 285-3264 to notify the office. You must come in and sign out your child.

What if my child needs to go a different way after school?

Notify the office at 285-3264 before 3:00.

If my child needs to use the phone during the day, is there one available?

Yes. Students may use the classroom or office phone.

Can I eat lunch with my child?

Yes.  You may bring in lunch or if you want to order a school lunch please notify the office at 285-3264 by 9:00. Adult lunch costs $3.60.

Can my child bring birthday treats to school?

Yes, treats from the approved safe treat list are ok to bring to school.

Where is the Lost and Found?

Lost and found items are in a tub  the main lobby.

Are there rules for bringing electronic devices to school?

Yes, electronic devices are to be turned off upon entering the building in the morning. They are turned into teachers during the day and are not to be turned on until exiting the building at 3:05.

What is "PCL"?

PCL means Partnership in Comprehensive Literacy. It is the model we use as a district for literacy instruction.

Quick Links