North Scott Education Foundation
The mission of the North Scott Educational Foundation is to primarily provide scholarships for post-high school education to North Scott graduates. The Foundation is also a vehicle for any charitable donations that are designated for use within the North Scott Community School District.
Investing in Students: Investing in Our Future
In 2021 the Foundation awarded 101 scholarships totaling $119,617! This was possible because of the generous donations of individuals, businesses and organizations who support the Foundation year after year so that we can continue our mission to make sure every student who dreams of attending college is able to do so.
2021 NSEF Scholarships by the Numbers
Scholarships & Grants for North Scott Students - Common Application
The North Scott Educational Foundation, in cooperation with North Scott High School and local clubs & organizations, has created a common application to assist eligible students in applying for local scholarships and grants. The application form must be filled out online.
Please review items below to ensure eligibility for the scholarships & grants listed.
- The scholarship application deadline is 4 p.m. on Monday, March 6, 2023. Applications must be submitted online. Late applications will not be accepted.
- All scholarships being applied for must be checked. If a scholarship was inadvertently missed, the student will not be considered for that scholarship.
- The Alfred and Helen Arp Scholarship and the Joyce Brockhouse Family Scholarship are based on financial need. In order to apply for one or both scholarships, parents/guardians must file a FAFSA form online. Follow these steps:
- Before submitting FAFSA information online, you must apply for a personal identification number (PIN). Note: PINs do not expire and one PIN may be used for multiple dependent children.
- Once you have a PIN, file a free application for federal student aid (FAFSA) form online. Upon receipt of the FAFSA form, the US Department of Education will send you a Student Aid Report (SAR).
- A copy of the SAR must be submitted to the high school guidance office. This form is required for an applicant to be considered for the scholarships mentioned above.
- Scholarships will be awarded at the Senior Recognition Ceremony, which is held in conjunction with the Honors Presentation on Wednesday, May 10, 2023 at 7 p.m. in the North Scott High School Auditorium.